Thursday, 10 March 2016

Kate Winslet advice for young woman – BAFTA 2016



1- What advice would you give for people younger than you?

2- Have you ever received a bad advice?

3- Watch the video and complete the script

You know… I often, in a moment like that one, I find myself afterwards thinking: “Oh, I should’ve said something, I should’ve…”

You know, when I was younger, when I was only 14, I ___________________ by a drama teacher that I ______________ do ok if I was happy _____________ the fat girl parts. Look at me now! Look at me now!

And so what I feel like saying in those moments is, you know, any young woman ____________ has ever been _____________ by a teacher, or a friend, or even a parent, just don’t listen to __________. Because that’s what I did, I didn’t listen and I kept on going, and I overcame all of my fears and I ____________ a lot of insecurity. And just keep doing it, and ____________in yourself, you know, that’s what I felt, like I really had to dig deep and do. And so, I would dedicate it to all those young women _______________ doubt themselves because you ___________ be doubting, you __________ just be going for it.



4- What was the bad advice Kate Winslet received?

5- How did she overcome it?



Script:

You know… I often, in a moment like that one, I find myself afterwards thinking: “Oh, I should’ve said something, I should’ve…”

You know, when I was younger, when I was only 14, I was told by a drama teacher that I might do ok if I was happy to settle for the fat girl parts. Look at me now! Look at me now!

And so what I feel like saying in those moments is, you know, any young woman who has ever been put down by a teacher, or a friend, or even a parent, just don’t listen to any of it. Because that’s what I did, I didn’t listen and I kept on going, and I overcame all of my fears and I got over a lot of insecurity. And just keep doing it, and keep believing in yourself, you know, that’s what I felt, like I really had to dig deep and do. And so, I would dedicate it to all those young women who doubt themselves because you shouldn’t be doubting, you should just be going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment